[Pythonmac-SIG] trouble making a standalone app with Python 2.4

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Feb 23 15:18:08 CET 2005

On Feb 23, 2005, at 9:08, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> For a few reasons, I am moving my app to Python 2.4. It runs fine when
> I use py2app -A, but it doesn't work when I try to build a full
> standalone application. At first, "doesn't work" meant that Twisted's
> cfreactor couldn't find _CarbonEvt. If I specifically ask to include
> _CarbonEvt, I get a bus error.

You didn't mention what version of Twisted this was.  Twisted 1.3.0 has
a broken cfreactor that assumes broken PyObjC 1.0 behavior, so you will
need to use Twisted from SVN (or at least the cfsupport module) too.

Are you sure it's not that WebKit namespace collision again? :)  What
was the rest of that backtrace?