[Pythonmac-SIG] Versions, Frameworks, Linking, PantherPythonFix

Markus Weissmann mww at opendarwin.org
Wed Feb 23 14:13:14 CET 2005

On 23. Feb 2005, at 8:39 Uhr, Roger Binns wrote:

> I actually can't see *any* benefit to me at all of Apple's Python.
>
> Are there any instructions anywhere on how to remove Apple's
> version, and put on an official Python.org blessed version and
> ensure the latter resides somewhere on my path?

If you don't see any benefit in a Framework installation of Python,
then there probably aren't any for you... =)

You could then install python from DarwinPorts [1] or fink [2] and they
will happily live beside Apple's version - just let the newly installed
python precede Apple's python in your $PATH and you'll be done.

-Markus

[1] http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/
[2] http://fink.sourceforge.net/

---