[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac User Python Newbies

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 14 23:08:01 CET 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

>> Dumb question: What's wrong with wxScintilla? Doesn't SPE use it as well?
>> What's Boa using?
>
> It's currently really slow on Mac OS X, as mentioned before.  I don't
> like environments where I can type faster than the redraw.  No idea
> about Boa.

Boa uses wxScintilla (AKA wxSTC) also. It is also only currently working
  with wxPython2.4.2, so not a good option on the Mac for that reason
anyway.

I do think the performance of wxSTC has been improved in more recent
versions of wx, but I'm not the one to tell you for sure. I'm still not
sure anyone has figured out how to use ATSUI in a truly efficient way yet.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov