[Pythonmac-SIG] Solution to some SWIG Install problems on Mac OS X

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Dec 13 19:39:20 CET 2005

Rob Managan wrote:

>While I have not tried WxPython I have built C modules for python
>using SWIG and python's distutils. That trades the headaches of
>makefiles for writing a setup.py file. I can give an example and they
>really are not that bad once you have done it once!

I will be honest and admit I do not grok disutils.  I sense power there,
but have not had the guts nor time to explore it.  If you have a simple
example that is easy to send, please do.  Since I will probably be doing
more and more with Python, I am trying to expose myself to useful
branches of the Python world without becoming overwhelmed.

Thanks.

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora