[Pythonmac-SIG] Mac PyImport_ImportModule("modulename")

Zhi Peng zhiyong_peng2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 05:45:38 CET 2005

Hi! Bob

  I have not tried to append current directory in sys.path. Maybe I need to do sth
  sys.path.append("./") and then do import. The module is installed in MacPython package. The os module is in python23.dylib so it can find it and import it. But my module is just a py file.

  Thanks

  Zhi

Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

On Dec 9, 2005, at 4:41 PM, Zhi Peng wrote:

> In my c code, I have used myMod=PyImport_ImportModule("moduleName")
> and run on Mac, but it just can not import the "moduleName" for
> some unknown reason.
>
> I am sure I install the "moduleName" by "pythonw setup install".
> And I can import "moduleName" from command lines such as
>
> >pythonw
> >import moduleName
> >

> It is fine. I wonder why PyImport_ImportModule can not import it,
> while it can import module os by using
> PyImport_ImportModule("os")
>
> Any suggestion?

Are you sure it's the same version of Python, and the module is on
sys.path? Check sys.version and sys.path