[Pythonmac-SIG] A note on WingIDE

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Thu Apr 7 19:47:37 CEST 2005

On Apr 7, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> Wasn't sure if anyone realized this, but WingIDE provides a free
> license
> ~ for open-source/non-commercial projects. You have to apply, so I'm
> not
> sure how difficult it is to obtain, but that is certainly attractive if
> you're doing FOSS only.

-- not difficult. I explained my project to them just a little before I
was ready to release it as OS Certified, pointed them at its web site,
and filled out the simple downloadable form. They've been great. I
could never have afforded the two-platform license I need if I'm to
distribute for Windows as well as Mac (which is to say, octupling my
user base).

Charles Hartman