[Pythonmac-SIG] solution for matplotlib compile problems

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 11 00:23:11 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 02:19:30PM -0600, Robert Brown wrote:
> The latest version of matplotlib built out of the box for me... once I
> built libpng and freetype2.  It works great -- this really is a nice
> package.  Now all we need is some way to use Cocoa as a backend...
> maybe by writing PDF support?

It's not as capable as matplotlib, but I've recently had a lot of
success with PyChart's native PDF output:

	 <http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Yasushi_Saito/pychart/>

The PDF output is all implemented directly, but it is efficient, fast
and easy to customize for what I've needed.

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>