[Pythonmac-SIG] Trying to make an app

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Oct 6 05:02:27 CEST 2004

On Oct 5, 2004, at 10:47 PM, Steven Palm wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2004, at 9:22 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> py2app should pretty much just work if you give it your script.  I
>> don't have wxPython on this machine so I can't tell if anything
>> special needs to be done or not, but I'm relatively certain it should
>> Just Work if memory serves correctly.  Look at the examples
>> directory.
>
>  I get a lot of output and then it dies with this:
>
>  error: can't copy 'C': doesn't exist or not a regular file
>
>  Here is the skeletal stuff in my build script, adapted from my
> bundlebuilder stuff, so maybe not the best approach:
<bitpim setup script cut>

Well it works with a trivial wx app.. I just tested it.  See
http://svn.red-bean.com/bob/py2app/trunk/examples/wxPython/doodle/

As far as this package goes, I can't help you without more information.
  Try it without packages or includes, it's supposed to do all that for
you.