[Pythonmac-SIG] IDE crash

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Nov 30 14:00:50 CET 2004

On 20 Nov 2004, at 00:48, Michael Davidson wrote:

> I have installed the Nov 7,2003 add ins from
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/. My IDE used to work. I
> foolishly
> was playing with menu options that I should not have played with, and
> now
> my IDE crashes immediately after starting.
[...]
>   File
> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Mac/Tools/
> IDE/Wapplication.py", line 433, in getnextid
>
>     id = self.possibleIDs[0]

This is a known bug, that will be fixed in a future release. The
problem is that there are so many files under your Scripts folder that
the IDE runs out of menu entries and crashes. The workaround is to put
less files in your Scripts folder. What may have happened during your
fiddling is that you've set the scripts folder to something like your
home directory. Reset the IDE preferences by removing
"~/Library/Preferences/Python/PythonIDE preferences" and things should
start working again.
Goldman