[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app and /usr/lib libraries

Florian Munz newsletter at theflow.de
Sun Nov 7 17:57:24 CET 2004

Hi,

I had a lot of fun playing with py2app and PyObjC this weekend but for
distributing my application I encountered the following difficulty:

My application uses libxslt und libtidy and they depend on libraries in
/usr/lib.

What is the correct way to ship these in one application package?

I tried it with an libxslt.framework insinde the package Frameworks
directory, but I don't know if and how the libxslt python module must be
recompiled to find the library at this location or what other changes
need to be made.

Another way may be to provide an pkg-based installer, but I have no
experiences with this.

thanks,
Florian