[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedded Interpreter not initilized? Version mismatch?

Bobby Mozumder mozumder at dsmpro.com
Thu May 13 23:21:47 EDT 2004

I've built an app that contains an embedded Python interpreter.  This
is on MacOSX.  The python interpreter I've embedded isn't the one that
came with my installation of OSX 10.3.3, but is instead from the latest
release 2.3.4rc1 that I've compiled and installed as a Framework in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3.  (I wish I could
have used the default MacOSX version of Python, but I couldn't find a
libPython2.3.a object file anywhere that I could link to?)

So now I get this message:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort

My guess is that this is caused by my embedded Python interpreter
thinking it is still using the MacOSX install rather than the new one
in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework.  (??)

Is there a way to get the interpreter started?  What is causing this
message?

Thanks,

-bobby