[Pythonmac-SIG] Bob Ippolito's synopsis of Python(s) on OS X

Tom Loredo loredo at astro.cornell.edu
Tue Mar 30 16:29:21 EST 2004

Hi folks-

This post is for a dual purpose:  first, to alert newcomers to
MacPython that Bob Ippolito's PyCon2004 presentation is a great
summary of the potentially confusing Python situation under OS X;
and second, to publicly thank Bob for taking the time to put
together so nice a presentation.  I've been using Python on the
Mac for years, and I still learned a lot from his presentation.

It's available online here:

http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/32/

It might be useful to have this featured prominently on the
MacPython page, and/or to have the contents rolled into the FAQ.
It's the clearest self-contained summary of what's for what
regarding Python on the Mac that I've yet come across.

Thanks Bob!
Tom Loredo