[Pythonmac-SIG] uninstalled debugging framework build?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 21 05:32:07 EST 2004

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl> writes:

> On 20-jan-04, at 16:22, Michael Hudson wrote:
>>> After configuring, try editing the Makefile and changing
>>> PYTHONFRAMEWORK and PYTHONFRAMEWORKDIR to something like "DbgPython"
>>> and "DbgPython.framework". Then edit Mac/OSX/Makefile too so it
>>> doesn't overwrite /usr/local/bin/python* and
>>> /Applications/MacPython-2.3/*.
>>
>> An instant problem: I always build in a subdirectory of the source
>> directory, but Mac/OSX/Makefile is always accessed from the source
>> directory itself.
>
> You can also edit the builddir Makefile only, and pass some extra
> arguments to the recursive "make -f $(srcdir)/Mac/OSX/Makefile" calls
> in the installframeworkapps and installframeworkunixtools calls. What
> exactly you'd need to pass to the recursive make you'd have to figure
> out yourself, though (i.e. I'm too lazy to think it up for you:-)

It would seem that just not doing the frameworkinstallunixtools and
frameworkinstallapps would do, i.e. just running "make
frameworkinstallframework" from the build dir (I hacked the generated
makefile to remove the frameworkinstallunixtools dependency from the
frameworkinstall target and forgot about frameworkinstallapps, so I've
stomped on my /Applications/MacPython-2.3 folder... oh well).

Haven't actually gotten to the problem I want to debug yet :-/ need to
build PyObjC and pygame against the debug Python first...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I believe C++ instills fear in programmers, fear that the
  interaction of some details causes unpredictable results.