[Pythonmac-SIG] Question: why two PythonLaunchers?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Jan 16 13:52:48 EST 2004

I have MacOS X 10.3.2 and have installed the Panther MacPython extras.

In /Applications/MacPython I find two files named PythonLauncher. One is
an alias to
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python
Launcher.app. The other is an application. Any idea what to do? The
things I've thought of are:
- Leave things alone (I don't actually use the launcher anyway)
- Delete one (obvious, but I have no idea which one to save)
- Reinstall the MacPython extras from scratch

-- Russell