[Pythonmac-SIG] Applescript

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Jan 8 18:15:28 EST 2004

I'm going to read and understand all the stuff you answered some time
tomorrow, and then I'll incorporate it into a second version of "The
AppleScript architecture as Jack understands it", and I hope we can
have a second round over it, so eventually we should hopefully end up
with something that is understandable (at least to me) and correct (at
least according to you:-).

In the mean time there are two issues still open:

Could you elaborate on this, please? If it means we should use another
paradigm for Python scripting support (or at least allow escape from
the OO paradigm to the other, presumably lower level but richer
paradigm) it is important.

Second question: from your remarks I assume that we could call the
class/object/terminology stuff a layer. Does this layer have a name?

> The encoding of the terminology resource is irrelevant to clients;
> only application developers need worry their heads about such
> nonsense, and the smart ones will likely use tools to generate it all
> anyway. (In OS7-9 it was binary format; in OS X it's either key-value
> lists or in XML plist format.)

Do you happen to know of a sure way to get at terminology information?
Script Editor always manages, but I seem to manage only in about 30-40%
of the cases, and even then often with hacks.
Goldman