[Pythonmac-SIG] Applescript

Michael J. Barber mjb at uma.pt
Thu Jan 8 08:41:40 EST 2004

On Thursday, Jan 8, 2004, at 03:10 Europe/Lisbon, has wrote:

> [...]
That is an extremely interesting comment. I've certainly never
considered that point of view before, but it seems to address some of
the murkier aspects of AppleScript's "object oriented" behavior. I'm
not at all sure I that I understand the consequences of this fact,
though. Specifically, what does this say about how Python should look
as a substitute for AppleScript? Is the gensuitemodule-style approach
of making an OO package that mimics the application dictionary just
fundamentally misguided? That seems like a fair conclusion to draw from
some of your comments on the MACSCRPT list that you pointed us towards
earlier, if I understood things correctly.

At any rate, thanks a lot for this message! I've found it really
thought provoking and informative.