[Pythonmac-SIG] New experimental PackMan packages: QuickTime and LaunchServices

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Fri Feb 27 04:58:39 EST 2004

On 27-feb-04, at 2:31, Steven Palm wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2004, at 5:03 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:
>> 2. The first release of the QuickTime package, which will replace
>> Carbon.Qt for
>> MacPython 2.4. This new version opens many more APIs, such as the
>> Quicktime
>> Music Architecure, image codecs and much more.  I definitely need
>> feedback
>> on the usability of these new features, there's a good chance I
>> missed some
>> crucial API somewhere, so please try this one if you're interested in
>> quicktime.
>
>  I'm interested, but woefully under-equipped to test it... Are there
> any hints, docs or quick usage examples?  I'm not sure how this sort
> of thing works. I looked at the Qt.py and QuickTime.py files and
> didn't see much there that clued me in.

Hmm, there aren't really any examples, and your message shows there
should be:-)

The Apple Developer documentation has examples for all of these, and
complete documentation on their usage, but it would be nice if each of
these packages had a quick example that got you going. I will try to
find the time to create these, but don't hold your breath...
Goldman