[Pythonmac-SIG] Where to put one's own packages?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 26 19:09:21 EST 2004

Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> 1) I prefer to keep all of my own work in my home directory, as I back
> that directory up frequently.

What I do is put my working copy in my home dir, and when I have made
changes that I want to install system wide, I make a little setup.py
file that can run to install it system wide. This solves your problem,
and also keeps the installed version and the actively develkopped
version separate.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov