[Pythonmac-SIG] Let's discuss MacPython distributions for january

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Dec 24 10:13:42 CET 2004

On 24-dec-04, at 1:01, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> +1 for the administrator privileged in-place patch to 10.3.x's 2.3.0
> (can/should be just an installer .pkg), the runtime hack is gross and
> this is a very controlled environment so I say let's just fix it in
> the right place.

+1 from me too. IMHO it is unlikely that Apple will patch the Makefile
in a future 10.3 release, which makes it safe to patch the file.

One reason for using the hack I posted earlier is that it makes it
possible to store include-files outside of /System while keeping them
visible for disutils. It also changes the default install path for
scripts.

> +1 for getting 2.4.1 and maybe 2.3.5 to build a usable destroot
> framework for Darwinports.
>
> +0 for any patches to 2.3.x explicitly for Fink or Darwinports.
> Darwinports uses -flat_namespace for 2.3.x,

That's lame. Do you know why they do that?

I'm -0 in doing patches for Fink or Darwinports.

Ronald