[Pythonmac-SIG] Building 2.4

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Dec 2 23:09:02 CET 2004

On 2-dec-04, at 16:11, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Patch your config/Makefile of your existing Python 2.3.0 installation
> (see a recent email of mine on the subject)

Here's an idea: could we somehow incorporate your patch into one of the
Python Makefiles (Mac/OSX/Makefile comes to mind) and add a test for
whether it's needed too?

It would be nice if anyone building 2.4 framework Python on an
unpatched 10.3 would get a warning along the lines of
WARNING: your Apple-installed Python needs a path to coexist peacefully
with MacPython 2.4
WARNING: run "sudo make patchpython2.3" in Mac/OSX to apply the patch.
Goldman