[Pythonmac-SIG] modules

Rob Managan managan at llnl.gov
Wed Sep 17 12:54:17 EDT 2003

I was just playing around with PIL about a problem Dinu had. I came
across this behavior.

First I tried changing the source in site-packages. I changed the .py
file and the change did not take. I deleted the .pyc file and still
no effect.
I deleted the PIL.pth file and then I could not load Image.

Then I reinstalled with source via PackageManager. I found the source
in /tmp/Imaging-1.1.4.-osx and changed the source and reinstalled
with python setup.py install.

At this point the command line python could load Image but the IDE
could not when I ran a script file. It would say that it could not
fine the module.

When I opened the IDE's interactive window I could load Image with no
problem. Then I could run a script file and it could load Image as
well.

So all is working now but does anyone know why I ran into these problems???

Thanks
--
Rob Managan               email managan at llnl.gov
LLNL                      phone: 925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-095       FAX:   925-422-3389
Livermore, CA  94551-0808