[Pythonmac-SIG] Python shared libraries

Mark Easton mark.easton at blinksoftware.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 19:09:30 EDT 2003

Bob,

Thanks for the detailed advice, however there is one problem that I can
see in the following sentence:

"If you're loading the Python framework dynamically, you want to use the

CFBundle API, not the NSCreateImageFromFile or dlopen wrappers."

Now as far as I know, none of the 3 .NET implementations that run on Mac
OS X (Mono, SSCLI and PNET) use the CFBundle API to access shared
libraries which means I currently need access to a naked shared library.
While I can start investigating the possibility of PNET and Mono
implementing mechanisms that will work with both Frameworks and naked
shared libraries, in the meantime I need to build a naked shared library

Mark