[Pythonmac-SIG] scrolling behaviour in MacPython

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Oct 29 12:26:26 EST 2003

Christopher Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck at mac.com> writes:

> Normally, in python you can scroll back in the command history by
> using the up arrow key. However, when I try and scroll in MacPython
> 2.3, I get strange characters rather than the previous commands:
>
>  >>> ^[[A
>
> Any cure for this?

You need a readline module.  I thought Jack's MacPython distribution
came with one of them, though.  Are you using that or the Apple
installed Python 2.3 on Panther?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them
  the usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers,