[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython-OS9 2.2.3 & Tkinter

Joris Verstappen jorisverstappen at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 02:00:28 EST 2003

I have to work with a Python program that uses Tkinter a lot, so I installed only the Classic part
of MacPython-OS9 2.2.3; since I use MacOS 8.1, I also installed the patch for that.

But still I can't get Tkinter to work; every time I want to start a program or script that uses
it, I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Macintosh HD 1:Programma's:MacPython-OS9 2.2.3:Demo:tkinter:guido:hello.py", line 4, in ?
    from Tkinter import *
  File "Macintosh HD 1:Programma's:MacPython-OS9 2.2.3:Lib:lib-tk:Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: WindowsLib: The named library was not found.

The only WindowsLib I can find on my HD is part of MPW; do I have to move this one around, or did
I (or someone else ;-) ) mess up my System Folder?

Thanks if anyone can help me,
Joris Verstappen

=====
"An Apple a day keeps the doctor away!"