[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo redux

Rob Managan managan at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 4 13:12:50 EST 2003

At 12:58 PM -0500 11/4/03, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>You may have a point with regard to people disliking/being afraid of
>snakes.  However, I'm not sure how much weight that really carries.
>Python isn't named FuzzyBunny, and even though the language was not
>named after the snake, it seems that most people (even the people
>that know the reference) make the snake association.  Also, most
>(all?) software developers/researchers/hobbyists/etc are mature
>enough to not have a problem with a depiction of a snake.
>
>Yes, the logo is detailed, but scaling is not an issue because I
>have access to the designer and can have him tweak an icns file to
>get the low res versions right.  Besides, it's layered photoshop,
>and organized well enough so that even I could rather painlessly
>remove enough of the detail to have it gracefully scale down to
>32x32 just by hiding layers.
>
>As far as the apple goes, it's a separate layer and can be replaced
>with other things for customization purposes -- i.e. you could
>potentially put something that looks like a console there for
>PyInterpreter.  I'm not terribly concerned with Windows XP, I just
>want something to work for OS X.
>
>-bob

I like the image. At low resolution for an icon I don't think it is
an issue with those that hate snakes. (not really knowing anyone that
averse to snakes I am probably just making noise there however)
--
Rob Managan               email managan at llnl.gov
LLNL                      phone: 925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-095       FAX:   925-422-3389
Livermore, CA  94551-0808