[Pythonmac-SIG] Path Issues

Joshua Tompkins joshua at joshuatompkins.us
Mon Nov 3 15:19:48 EST 2003

Hi again.

I've got a quick newbie question.  Whenever I try to open a file in
python, I get a "no such file or directory traceback".  However, if I
move the file to my / directory, python finds the file without
problems.  What am I doing wrong?

For example, if I try to open a file in ~/source/python/, I get an
error.  That directory shows up when I import sys.path.  I set my path
in my .bash_profile file, however, I'm using python from the command
line so that shouldn't make a difference, right?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, this is probably some
goof ball mistake but I'm not sure how to fix it.

-joshua