[Pythonmac-SIG] problems with MacPython-Panther-2.3-2

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Nov 3 15:17:30 EST 2003

Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> writes:

>> This means you probably still have your old Jaguar-MacPython installed
>> in /Library. Moreover, somehow an extension module that is linked
>> against that Python is packed up by IDLE and PackageManager, but not by
>> PythonIDE.
>
> OK, this is all becoming clearer.  Next question: How do I uninstall
> the old Jaguar-MacPython cleanly?  Just remove any folder called Python
> under /Library?

rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
rm -rf /Applications/MacPython-$(VERSION)/

should do it.  This will break a few symlinks in /usr/local/bin which
you probably want to toss too.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  There are two kinds of large software systems: those that evolved
  from small systems and those that don't work.