[Pythonmac-SIG] OpenSSL and Python on OS X

Bugbee, Larry larry.bugbee@boeing.com
Fri May 9 17:13:13 EDT 2003

Look at M2Crypto 0.9 as a front end for OpenSSL.  (Use Apple's installed =
version of OpenSSL, do not compile OpenSSL 0.9.7b unless you keep it =
separate.  You may not be able to reboot if you do.)

More later, I gotta run.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hudson [mailto:mwh@python.net]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 4:34 AM
To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] OpenSSL and Python on OS X

Gary Robinson <grobinson@transpose.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> For a project I'm working on, it looks like I'll need to use SSL with
> Python. From what I'm gathering online, that means compiling Python to
> include OpenSSL support.

Well, OpenSSL is part of Mac OS X.  It doesn't look as if ssl support
is built into the Python in Jaguar, but it's probably easy to add.
Jack's 2.3 distribution seems to contain ssl support.

HTH,
M.

--=20
  ... the U.S. Department of Transportation today disclosed that its
  agents have recently cleared airport security checkpoints with an=20
  M1 tank, a beluga whale, and a fully active South American volcano.
             -- http://www.satirewire.com/news/march02/screeners.shtml