[Pythonmac-SIG] _tkinter

EXT-Bedford, Robert L robert.l.bedford@boeing.com
Wed May 7 16:19:22 EDT 2003

When I try to run a simple tkinter program i.e.

from Tkinter import *
root=3DTk()

I get an error that complain that the version of tcl.h is different.  =
However both items show 8.4 in parens.  I tried to install TCL/TkAqua =
first and also tried 8.4.1 and 8.4.2  This also occurs running =
interpretive, from a file or command line (python or pythonw).  While a =
window comes up the code is essentially dead since root is not defined =
at this point.  Sorry I don't have the exact message since I am at work =
and the Macs are home.  Any ideas?  Thanks