[Pythonmac-SIG] which directory should be deleted for a clean install?

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Mon May 5 02:33:15 EDT 2003

I was trying to walk someone through installing 2.3b1, wxPython 2.4.0.7, and
PythonCard today and while we got everything installed and running, there is
definitely some funky wxPython controls display/behavior on their box that
I'm not seeing on mine. They are running Jaguar 10.2.4 and I have 10.2.5,
but the problem with some of the wxPython controls seems much more like a
problem with an old lib. Since this person was also helping me do some tests
about a year ago when wxPython first started working on Mac OS X there is a
good possibility of old cruft on their box.

So, the question is which directory/directories and links do I have to
remove from their machine so that I can do a clean Python 2.3b1 and wxPython
2.4.0.7 install with no possibility of old files causing problems? They do
have a PYTHONPATH setup via environment.plist and .cshrc so that they can
test the cvs version of PythonCardPrototype, but that shouldn't impact
wxPython.

BTW, I'm not using the PackageManager to install wxPython 2.4.0.7, the PM
crashes on my box just after the list of packages is displayed.

ka
---
Kevin Altis
altis@semi-retired.com