[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Boa Constr] Boa Constructor on Mac OS X?

Riaan Booysen riaan@e.co.za
Sat May 3 14:15:22 EDT 2003

Hi David,

David Goodger wrote:
> Has anyone been able to run Boa Constructor on Mac OS X?  I hacked a
> copy of the wxPython RunDemo.app to run Boa.pyw, but Boa crashes after a
> time with a Bus Error, and some of the interface elements are messed up
> (input fields on top of buttons, etc.).  Any tips or links would be
> appreciated.
>
> OS X 10.2.5, MacPython 2.3a2 (framework), wxPython 2.4.0.7, Boa 0.2.3.

As I don't have access to a Mac personally, the progress of the OS X
version has been very slow. (well at least it can start up these days!)

I've fixed a number of issues already when people reported them in
enough detail, but as you can imagine developing "blind" is time
consuming and frustrating.

I would *really* like to see the OS X version working, but this will
probably require a volunteer with a Mac. I'll gladly give someone
CVS commit rights who can competently fix OS X issues.

Thanks,
Riaan.