[Pythonmac-SIG] Re:Retroactively adding readline support to OS X

Winnfried Hasel haselw at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 23:06:54 EDT 2003

I followed Bob's instructions to install readline, but when I try to
'import readline' in the interactive shell (python 2.3b1) I get this
error message:
ImportError: Failure linking new module: /sw/lib/libreadline.4.dylib:
dyld: python can't open library: /sw/lib/libreadline.4.dylib  (No such
file or directory, errno = 2).

BTW the same happened, when I tried to install it via the Package
Manager of the Python IDE.

Any ideas? I'd really love to get this history function to work.

Winnfried