[Pythonmac-SIG] PYTHONPATH problem

Dave Hackenyos hackenyo@proaxis.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:28:31 -0800

Hello all,

	Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions for my PYTHONPATH problem.
It has been resolved. In the end it had more to do with pilot error
than stubborn operating systems. Firstly, the tilde was indeed not
being properly handled. I need to give the environment variable the
complete path. By use of "python -S" I was able to verify that the path
was being prepended to the sys.path info. But it still did not work
until I realized that the path I had used to set the variable did not
have a leading forward slash. This was my (embarrasing) fault. I
believe that adding the path as a key/value pair in the plist would
also have worked provided I gave it the correct string. But I don't
need to try that now.

Thanks again,
Dave