[Pythonmac-SIG] termios

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:00:17 -0500

On Thursday, Jan 9, 2003, at 12:58 America/New_York, Pascal
Oberndoerfer wrote:
> Will there be a chance to talk to a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter via
> termios from MacPython(-OSX) on a box running MacOS X (10.1.5)?

I don't know about termios directly, but I have successfully used the
exact same adapter with MacOS X 10.2.2 and 10.2.3 with the pyserial
package ( http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/ ) and I developed a Twisted
( http://www.twistedmatrix.com/ ) serial transport that most definitely
works with that particular adapter on MacOS X, Jython (w/ appropriate
class libraries), and Linux (x86).  It does not currently work with
Windows, though (in Twisted, pyserial supports windows just fine).

-bob