[Pythonmac-SIG] python module search path in Apache on OSX

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:32:41 +0100

On Monday, Feb 17, 2003, at 03:57 Europe/Amsterdam, Samuel M.Smith
wrote:

>> You can fix it by creating a symlink /usr/local/lib/python2.2
>> pointing to /sw/lib/python2.2. Or, even easier, you could simply put
>> #!/sw/bin/python into your scripts.
>
> Neither of these fixes changed the path at all. =(
>
> One other item I forgot to mention is that the PYTHONPATH environment
> variable has a couple more directories in that get prepended to normal
> python but are also not in the Apachi CGI invocation of python.
>
> I noticed that the python library ref for cgi states. "In particular,
> don't count on ...the Ptyhon module search path (PYTHONPATH) to be set
> to anything interesting."

Ah, then I guess I was barking up the wrong tree, and this is an Apache
problem.

If you do find out what the problem is (or the solution) pleas let us
know,
Goldman