[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG digest, Vol 1 #1374 - 2 msgs

Bill Bumgarner bbum@codefab.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:10:15 -0500

On Sunday, Feb 16, 2003, at 12:00 US/Eastern,
pythonmac-sig-request@python.org wrote:
> I just updated to jaguar so I think I need to update python.
> But do I download the one from python.org or use fink or something
> else altogether?

Jaguar ships with Python 2.2 built in.

It appears that your python installation is completely hosed.   I
suggest you blow away everything even remotely related to Python that
you installed in pre-OS X 10.2 and start over.

Jaguar's python is in /usr/bin/python, /usr/lib/python2.2, and
/usr/include/python*.

Blow everything else away, including your environment variables.

If the built-in Jaguar fits the bill, stick with it.  If you need more
modules, etc, go with Fink or MacPython (the framework build).

b.bum