[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: MacPython 2.2.2 final candidate

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:19:33 -0600

    Neil> All of the MacPython applications have a 3-6 second delay on
    Neil> starting up (including EditPythonPrefs and BuildApplet).

Do you perhaps have a complex site.py file or have PYTHONSTARTUP set and
pointing to a pythonrc.py that does a lot of heavy lifting (dunno how you do
this on MacOS outside a terminal environment)?  I have a complex startup
file which imports lots of stuff.  If I unset PYTHONSTARTUP I get an
interpreter prompt immediately.  If not, it takes a second or two to get a
prompt.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/