[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.2.2 final candidate

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:30:15 -0800

Jack Jansen wrote:
> This is an interesting bug you found: the bug is really with
> Python's test suite. The test suite expects to have write
> permission in Python's Lib/test directory (or somewhere
> thereabouts). The bug isn't mac-specific, but it's triggered by
> person A doing the install and person B running the test set.

There has to be a little more to it. On my Linux box, test.autotest runs
fine as a normal user, even though I do not have write permissions to:

/usr/lib/python2.2/test/

Is that the directory you thought write permissions were needed for?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov