[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:06:31 +0200

Folks,
I've created a quick-and-dirty MacPython 2.2.2b1 distribution
for your eyes only. Please do *NOT* advertise this outside this
forum: I haven't received my Installer VISE 8 license yet, so
technically I'm violating it by distributing this installer. The
solution, of course, is that for the next week you are now all
Official MacPython Co-Developers, and thereby this isn't a
distribution:-)

I've added some measures that may help the <<terminated>>
problem, and added some debug output too, so especially people
experiencing these problems are requested to try this. But
really: everyone should download and try it (it will not
conflict with your existing 2.2.1 installation) and tell me what
I missed.

The installer will be available shortly, at
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/secret/MacPython222b1full.hqx .
MacBinary format, source, etc. will follow and things will move
to the normal location when I get the VISE license, but it could
well be that 222 final is due by that time, so *please* try this.

Oh yes: I think the warning about ConfigurePython failing on OSX
can go, I'm not seeing the problem any more, at least. If
someone does see it: please let me know!
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -