[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython on jaguar

Neil Mayhew neil_mayhew@sil.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:47:23 -0600

on 10/10/2002 2:16 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> The loop to create argv uses GetNextEvent() (not WaitNextEvent) , and it
> simply calls it 100 times... So, it is conceivable that that loop finishe=
> before the finder has been scheduled and had a chance to send its AppleEv=
ent.

Based on what I am seeing, I=B9d say it=B9s highly likely this is the cause of
the problem.

> I'll change the loop to use WNE()

Rather than looping a fixed number of times, wouldn't it be better to wait
until an event does arrive? The OS more or less guarantees that either an
OAPP or an ODOC (or maybe PDOC) will be received.

--Neil