[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: MacPython 2.2.2 final candidate

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:00:48 +0100

On donderdag, okt 31, 2002, at 19:04 Europe/Amsterdam, Neil Mayhew
wrote:

> If I start up with 'Trace import statements' and 'Also show failed
> attempts'
> checked, there is a very noticeable pause after 'import __future__ #
> precompiled from ... Python 2.2.2:Lib:__future__.pyc' and before '#
> trying
> .. Python 2.2.2:sitecustomize.carbon.slb'

Some things to try:
- Run Python with site disabled, then manually import __future__, and
see how slow that is.
- Run Python site site disabled, then manually import types (which is
what imports __future__).

I don't think either of these are to blame, but they're easy to test so
do that first.

Next, if these both run fast enough, rig up site.py with print
statements and see where the delay occurs.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -