[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.2 errors after default installati on .. ?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:02:00 -0500

Do the python scripts have the "python" icon?  Or are they a generic icon?

If they are a generic icon, then you may need to rebuild your desktop.

(Press and hold down the option-Open Apple (command) key, during boot up.
Eventually the mac will ask if you want to rebuild the desktop... )

			- Benjamin

-----Original Message-----
From: jdm352@mail.usask.ca [mailto:jdm352@mail.usask.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 1:09 AM
To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.2 errors after default installation
.. ?

(I also posted this to comp.lang.python; then I found this list. I hope no
one
finds that out of line ..)

Hi, I just installed MacPython22 from the full archive installer (this
powerbook is not on the net), but I can't get any .py files to execute
and double clicking the PythonInterpreterClassic icon tells me:

"The document 'PythonInterpreterClasic" could not be opened, because the
application "Unknown Python Document" could not be found.

Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators."

ConfigurePythonClassic gives a similarly meaningless (to me) error:

"The applicaton "ConfigurePythonClassic" could not be opened because
"NavigationLib" could not be found"

Did I do something wrong during the install?

Os 8.1, Powerbook 5300ce 32 MB

Thanks,
-Jim