[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie process question about building MachoPython

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:54:09 +0200

My guess (because of the references to "dl") is that you're
picking up stuff from /sw that you don't want to pick up. Or, at
least, you're picking up stuff that the build process hasn't
been tested for. Specifically, if you have dl installed in /sw
(dl is the "linux-way" of doing dynamic loading) it could be
that Python partially configures itself to use dl-based dynamic
linking in stead of dynload-based dynamic linking. But:
apparently it only partially works (otherwise it would have
"just worked"). The last sentence because I know some people
have used dl on OSX and gotten it to work (IIRC).

My suggestion would be to not use /sw/include and /sw/lib
unconditionally but in stead refer to it with the various
--with-foobar options of configure (for all foobars you have in
/sw).