[Pythonmac-SIG] porting PyOpenGL to Mac OS X

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:06:02 +0200

On zaterdag, juni 22, 2002, at 05:17 , Andrew Straw wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am writing to inquire about the current state of PyOpenGL on
> Mac OS X. (I am cross-posting this email to both the PyOpenGL
> devel list and the Python Mac SIG list.)

I have it all running, to some extent. The problem is you need a
very specific version of Swig to make it work, and even then
there's some problems that need fixing:
- there are some missing semicolons in .h files! (this, together
that no-one from the PyOpenGL developers has yet taken me up on
my offer of a patch, makes me wonder about the status of the
whole thing)
- swig, even with the right version, had trouble with one
function so I had to comment it out.
- most serious: the output parameter mechanism doesn't get
treated right by the version of swig I used, it is somehow an
input parameter.

All of this is at work, I'll try and remember to attach my patch
to the sourceforge bug report I have outstanding tomorrow.
Please ping me if it isn't there in another 24 hours. And I'd
love to be able to solve the three problems sketched above, too,
so if you have time to invest in this that would be great...
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -