[Pythonmac-SIG] Memory Leak in Python 2.2 IDE on Mac?

Louis M. Pecora pecora@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:28:15 -0400

> > Looks like a memory leak to me, but maybe the IDE is set up to keep
>> variables around, hence tab1, tab2, etc. are never garbage collected
>> after the module is run with a new varible name, e.g. tab2 in place
>> of tab1.
>
>Variables are retained until overwritten, or until the script window is closed.
>I think this is handy, but I agree it's not a completely obvious why...

Well, that explains it. Thanks.

It also explains to me that my C extension (separate example from the one I gave) probably does not have a memory leak like I thought.  :-)   Thanks, again.

--

Cheers,

Lou Pecora