[Pythonmac-SIG] SIOUX Console ( was sys.exit )

Paul Miller paul@fxtech.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:29:02 -0600

>This is in macglue.h of MacPython :
>
>void PyMac_SetConsoleHandler(PyReadHandler stdinH, PyWriteHandler stdoutH,
>                  PyWriteHandler stderrH);

I discovered this today - seems to keep the console from coming up.

[aside - it would be nice to have a common function that works on all
platforms, for generic override of in/out - to avoid the
stdin/stdout/stderr hack]

* BUT * - I STILL get the extra menu. So if I'm plugging into "Application
X", once the interpreter starts up I get a second "Application X" menu that
has the Quit menu in it.

I tried disabling this with the SIOUXSettings structure, to no avail.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers!

-Paul

--