[Pythonmac-SIG] package structure for OSA interfaces

Jacob Kaplan-Moss jacobkm@cats.ucsc.edu
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:21:27 -0800

At 11:08 PM +0100 1/23/02, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Although I think the shadowing happens the other way around: start()
>isn't defined in StdSuites but in aetools.TalkTo, which is the very
>last in the base class list.

Yah, that's right; I didn't read the comments on my workarounds closely enough

>And while aetools.TalkTo.start() has a completely different
>implementation than StdSuites.Appletalk_Suite_Events.activate() I
>think you're right in saying they're equivalent. Hmm, no, they're
>not: activate() will always bring the target to the foreground,
>start() will not.

Cool; that's a distinction I didn't know before.  Should be usefull...

>I'll rename TalkTo.start() to _start(), so there's no problem with
>appsuite.start() overriding TalkTo.start() anymore (which makes
>TalkTo.__init__(self, start=1) fail).
>
>I'll add a TalkTo.start() which calls TalkTo._start() for compatibility.
>
>How does this sound?

Great -- I've been doing exactally that by hand in the generated
files to work around the conflict.

Thanks!

Jacob