[Pythonmac-SIG] Python-"Services" on OS X?

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 05:22:03 -0500

I've played with services myself.. and I see no reason whatsoever why
doing this should give you any problem.  Writing a service is quite easy
really

You can check out a simple set of services that I wrote at
http://redivi.com/~bob/URLServices.tgz -- It doesn't use python, but it
wouldn't be too hard for it to do so.

One thing about services is that they're not just restricted to text, it
can be files or images or anything else, which leaves plenty of
possibilities

The only problem with the Mac OS X implemenation of services.. well,
there are two.

1)  services and carbon applications that haven't been modified to
explicitly support services don't play well.

2) You must logout (maybe just relaunch finder?) to reliably remove or
add new services.

-bob