[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.3 - Carbon only?

Magladry, Stephen stephenm@humongous.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:59:07 -0800

I guess I'll be a voice of dissention. I work for a game company writing
kids software. We try to keep our min specs as broad as possible. As a point
of reference, our current min specs is 7.5.5. In our up coming games we plan
to use Python. A requirement of 8.6 cuts into our potential market. Also,
8.6 is only about 2 and a half years old.

True we can just stay with 2.2, but there may be some feature in 2.3 that we
may really want to use. At that time, we would be stuck between a rock
(wanting the new feature) and a hard place (Having our min spec jump up).