[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.3 - Carbon only?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 07:53:00 -0500

Jack,

	Carbon Only is probably (??) a good thing.

	The only reason I can think of not being carbonized, is
	to allow older hardware / OSes run the software...
	But as you mentioned Python 2.2 is the last release
	allowed for Mac OS 8.1.

	Since your placing that restriction, then it's probably
	a good time to "sneak" this one in as well...

	Honestly, the Tkinter question is my only hesitation...
	Tkinter has to be available, since that's the "native"
	GUI platform for Python.

	(Native meaning it comes with the software, and it's
	demoed with it.)

		- Benjamin